Saturday, May 5, 2012

VL Journal #2


So we have made a lot of progress since my last blog so a little re-cap of the week.



Monday/Tuesday - We re-worked out the plan deciding where what was and etc. Dani and I colored some of the pictures drawn by Sean and discussed ideas for the forest. I tried to get a hold of a lady from the fair board to see if we could borrow some dividers for walls for the cabins. She never responded I was wracking my brain for ideas! Super stressful, almost nothing could get done without the cabins



Wednesday- I had a revelation! There were at least two standing half wall dividers at my church! I asked permission from my youth leader and he said it would be fine. So I planned on that but I thought there were only two, how was I supposed to make 4 cabins from two walls?



Thursday- My dad and I went to the weight deck to check out space wise and I was informed that instead of just two dividers there were five owned by my church! Just enough to make four cabins! My dad and I went to my church and loaded the truck and I realized that there was a bunch of stuff I could use. Everything from pedestals to fake flowers, certainly the mother lode! Thanks to Mrs. Armstrong, Annika Kolbo, Laura Humrichouse and my Daddy for helping us get everything up. My partners were busy which was fine; I didn't know we were going to find a huge load.



Friday- We worked a little during class time and I had to leave after school to watch my sister golf. We went to the city and I bought some supplies that I thought would be cute.



Saturday- The day started for Katie and I at about 4:30 we had band competition which was interesting to say the least. Mollie and Sean went to school about noon and Katie and I went home for a while and back to the school until about 7 o'clock thanks to Mr. Schwartz for permission to be in during that time. We got a bulk of the work done, Dani was at dance recital but she was mostly done with her attic and had helped a lot with some of my hare-brain ideas. My dad and mom trimmed one of our front trees so we created a forest with many mythic logical creatures hiding in it. We each finished our cabins and I got to use spray paint, I must say I did pretty good for my first time. My dad helped me hang the sign for the camp and helped me find stuff I can use. Thanks a ton Mom and Dad.



So I am back home thoroughly exhausted yet glad we are largely done with the project. Hope you can come check it out! We have to tear it down on Tuesday because the gym is being used for graduation ceremonies.


No comments:

Post a Comment