Friday, November 4, 2011

Love's Labour's Lost Journal 2 Part 2

So Present participial phrase and analysis modifier I'm not entirely sure what these are, so I'm having a very difficult time finding them in the play.  I can explain what they are and maybe on further analysis see connections. A Present participial phrase is like an additional explanation of something, like "The dog, named Lucky."  An analysis modifier is a modifier of the analysis, I guess. It's probably something that changes how you dissect and digest the text.
Words I didn't know but now do.
Canon: a general law, rule, principle, or criterion by which something is judged; Origin Old English from Latin, means 'rule'
Epitheton:  A word, phrase, or expression used invectively as a term of abuse or contempt, to express hostility, etc.
Maculate: mark with a spot or spots; stain.
Mirth: amusement, esp. as expressed in laughter

No comments:

Post a Comment