My take on technology is that I can't get enough! I love to play with nooks, iPads, iPhones (getting one soon), and pretty much any form of computer related program, like Text2MindMap or Prezi. The thought of "big brother" watching does make me a little uneasy, not everyone needs to know about everything. Such as I have many friends from camp, I don't really want all of my friends back home questioning and liking what I say to them on facebook.
But in some ways I like the ability of facebook to notice what I look at, for example believe it or not, I'm really intrigued by fashion and retro clothing, facebook gave me a link for an awesome website that sells special vintage dresses. This ability to make the Internet a more personalized experience is better utilizing it's capabilities, it's like a search engine for things you didn't even know you wanted to know.
I dislike it when people use facebook and such as an online "diary" not everyone and their cat needs to know you just did such and such. People also don't have a good understanding of if you say something about someone else on facebook or in you blog, it's very likely that they will read it. Being mindful of how we use our technology will help everybody in using the wonderful world of technology.
Yes, the internet is pretty wide open! It is so easy to post some rant or negative comment that everyone from here to China will be able to read. Not that many Chinese can read English, but you know what I mean. lol
ReplyDeleteHaving said that...I didn't know you liked retro fashion! I will save some clippings for you when I run across them. I like fashion, too, even tho I still wear mostly blue jeans. But this week I scored a gorgeous silk vest at Back Closet! Whooaaa!
Personally, i rather dislike technology for the most part, but if thats your thing, good for you. I'm more concerned about "Big Brother" and people in general knowing everything you do. Maybe i'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist, but thats my opinion on it.
ReplyDeleteI agree that there should be options more than just the choice of everyone or friends on facebook or other sites which restrict who sees your posts and doings. I totally agree with the online diary things. Its quite annoying when one person will post so much that thats pretty much all you see.
ReplyDeleteI agree that facebook has some excellent qualities, but I'm not as facebook crazy as other people. I probably get once or twice a week if I'm lucky. You're right! people tend to post a status everyday. Why would you want to tell everyone where you're going?
ReplyDeleteTRA LA LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
ReplyDeleteThat was a test Katlyn...good job!!!
ReplyDeleteEXCELLENT!!!!
ReplyDelete